Abione 250mg Tablets, Abiraterone Acetate
Brand Name: Abione 250mg
International Brand Name: Zytiga
Other Name: CB-7630
Active Ingredient: Abiraterone Acetate
Packing: Pack of 120 Tablets.
Manufactured By: Intas Pharmaceuticals Limited.
ABOUT ABIRATERONE 250mg TABLETS
Abiraterone acetate is a white to an off-white, non-hygroscopic, crystalline powder containing colloidal silicon dioxide, croscarmellose sodium, hypromellose, lactose monohydrate, magnesium stearate, silicified microcrystalline cellulose, and sodium lauryl sulfate.
Abiraterone 250mg medication is used along with prednisone to treat men with prostate cancer that has spread to other areas of the body and has not responded to a surgical treatment that lowers testosterone levels. ABIRAPRO Abiraterone works by reducing androgen production in the body. Androgens are male hormones that can promote tumour growth in the prostate gland.
ABIRATERONE ACETATE TABLETS SIDE EFFECTS:
- Headache, hot flushes, joint pain, heartburn or cold-like symptoms may occur. If any of these effects persist or worsen, tell your doctor or pharmacist promptly.
- Tell your doctor right away if you have any serious side effects, including increased urination, painful urination, fast/irregular heartbeat, muscle cramps/weakness, leg pain, and swelling in legs/feet, bone fractures.
- Get medical help right away if you have any very serious side effects, including chest pain, feeling short of breath while at rest, persistent nausea/vomiting, loss of appetite, severe abdominal/stomach pain, yellowing eyes/skin, dark urine.
- This is not a complete list of possible side effects. If you notice other effects not listed above, contact your doctor or pharmacist.
ABIONE ABIRATERONE ACETATE PRECAUTIONS:
- Before taking abiraterone Tablets, tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are allergic to it; or if you have any other allergies. This product may contain inactive ingredients, which can cause allergic reactions or other problems. Talk to your pharmacist for more details.
- Before using this medication, tell your doctor or pharmacist about your medical history, especially of: heart problems (such as heart failure, irregular heartbeat and previous heart attack), high blood pressure, and liver problems.
- Using corticosteroid medications for a long time along with abiraterone can make it more difficult for your body to respond to physical stress. Therefore, before having surgery or emergency treatment, or if you get a serious illness/injury, tell your doctor or dentist that you are using this medication or have used this medication within the past 12 months.
- Tell your doctor right away if you develop unusual/extreme tiredness or weight loss. If you will be using this medication for a long time, carry a warning card or medical ID bracelet that identifies your use of this medication.
- Before having surgery, tell your doctor or dentist about all the products you use (including prescription drugs, nonprescription drugs, and herbal products).
- This medication should not be used in women, especially during pregnancy or breast-feeding. It may harm an unborn or breast-feeding baby. Women who are pregnant or breast-feeding should avoid touching or accidentally taking this medication. Consult your doctor for more details.
Store at 20°C to 25°C (68°F to 77°F); excursions are permitted between 15°C and 30°C (59°F and 86°F).
Other medications can affect the removal of abiraterone from your body, which may affect how abiraterone works. Examples include rifamycins (such as rifabutin), drugs used to treat seizures (such as carbamazepine, phenytoin, phenobarbital), among others.
This document does not contain all possible drug interactions. Keep a list of all the products you use (including prescription/nonprescription drugs and herbal products) and share it with your doctor and pharmacist.